Digital Communications Editor & Community Manager
Rent the Runway Foundation seeks to democratize entrepreneurship and level the playing field in the fight against marginalization and economic disparity. With a belief that the best innovations require varied perspectives, the Foundation boosts entrepreneurs as they pursue their dreams. The Foundation’s first program launched in partnership with UBS, Project Entrepreneur is a national philanthropic initiative that aims to increase the number of high-growth businesses founded by women. Our mission is to ignite bold ideas and provide women from all backgrounds access to the tools and resources needed to build scalable, economically impactful companies.
Rent the Runway Foundation is seeking a highly motivated, self-starter and creative digital storyteller to join our team as Digital Communications Editor and Community Manager.
The Digital Editor will be responsible for all of our online communications, including the website, blog, and all social channels. This role will lead daily editorial planning and production for projectentrepreneur.org, working with the PE team to execute a content strategy across digital platforms.
Specifically, this role will:
- Manage and maintain the digital editorial calendar, ensuring a consistent and balanced mix of content published.
- Produce, publish and moderate interactions with the content for all social media feeds and groups (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Medium, YouTube) informed by industry best practices and a strong understanding of analytics.
- Create original content for blog posts, Q&As with entrepreneurs and education modules, ensuring an engaging voice, as well as strategic and factual accuracy.
- Create podcast interview scripts and upload files to PE site and channels.
- Attend and produce social media content for PE events (Fall Summits, April Intensive, Summer Accelerator).
- Write and distribute regular newsletters.
- Provide expertise and feedback on PE’s evolving digital content strategy and interactive components of the digital hub.
- Work with team and partners on online engagement campaigns to drive traffic to the website and social channels as well as build an online community leveraging in-person events.
- Generate weekly and monthly social media metrics reports and quarterly and bi-annual wrap-ups, incorporating learnings to improve user experience and story engagement over time.
- Occasional in-person meetings with PE team and corporate and media partners.
- 2-3 years in an editorial role for a high profile online brand
- Understanding of the basic tenets of UX design
- Experience with WordPress, Hootsuite and Mailchimp
- Interest in entrepreneurship and an understanding of the field
- A passion to help women succeed in business is a must
- Knowledge of Photoshop or InDesign preferred
This role is a part-time independent contractor position that will work remotely for a weekly rate.
If interested, please email email@example.com with your resume, 2 writing samples, and work samples of social media channels you’ve previously managed.