Go Behind The Scenes of the 2018 Project Entrepreneur Accelerator Starting June 11!
The 2018 Project Entrepreneur Accelerator kicks off next week! We’re so looking forward to spending five weeks with these impressive founders and supporting their growth alongside PE’s network of successful entrepreneurs, expert mentors and peer advisors.
We’re also excited to announce that this year’s Accelerator Class will include not only the five 2018 PE Winners incubated at Rent the Runway, but will also welcome five additional companies selected to incubate at outstanding companies: Birchbox, Jetblack, Samsung NEXT, The Knot / XO Group, and Thrive Global.
These founders will learn hands-on from Rent the Runway Co-Founders Jenn Hyman and Jenny Fleiss, as well as Susan Lyne of BBG Ventures, Anu Duggal of Female Founders Fund, Alex Friedman and Jordana Kier of LOLA, and Lisa Skeete Tatum of Landit, plus UBS executives and subject matter experts from Glossier, Refinery29, The Knot/XO Group and Rent the Runway.
Get to Know the 2018 PE Accelerator Class!
- Bloomer Health Tech – Alicia Chong R, Founder & CEO (Cambridge, MA): MIT startup transforming women’s health with advanced fabrics technology
- Entrada ESL – Erin Janklow, Founder & CEO (Washington, DC): Entrada empowers service industry workers to speak English as they work, using audio & support systems
- Floss Bar – Eva Sadej, Co-Founder & CEO (New York, NY): Oral health reimagined through a convenient, affordable and fun way to get basic dental services in major cities
- Leche Lounge – Stephanie Conduff, Founder & CEO (Tulsa, OK): Portable lactation suites empowering women in the workplace by solving a legal mandate
- NaTakallam – Aline Sara, Co-Founder & CEO (New York, NY): Provides refugees/displaced people with an income by connecting them to remote language teaching and translation opportunities
- NaturAll Club – Muhga Eltigani, Co-Founder & CEO (Philadelphia, PA): Subscription service for food grade hair products using food preservation technology
- OmniVis – Katherine Clayton, Co-Founder & CEO (West Lafayette, IN): A biotechnology company that has developed an integrated portable pathogen detection platform
- PathSpot Technologies – Christine Schindler, Co-Founder & CEO (New York, NY): A system that protects restaurants and their customers from the threat of food-borne illness
- Secret Code – Mara Lecocq, Founder & CEO (New York, NY): A next-generation children’s media company that stars kids as heroes of powerful industries
- The Crafter’s Box – Morgan Spenla, Founder & CEO (San Diego, CA): A monthly crafting subscription pairing thoughtfully sourced materials and tools with detailed, digital, artist-led workshops
Join us over the course of the next five weeks for behind-the-scenes access to the Accelerator experience right here on the PE blog and on PE’s social media channels.
- Visit the blog every Monday to hear directly from the Accelerator companies.
- Follow Project Entrepreneur on Instagram (@pjtentrepreneur) for a behind-the-scenes look at the PE Accelerator and watch the participants “takeover” PE’s Stories each week!
- Join the conversation on Twitter and get more peeks into life at the 2018 PE Accelerator—you can even ask the entrepreneurs about their experience during our upcoming Twitter chat, so be sure to follow PE on Twitter (@pjtentrepreneur) for details.
We are so excited to welcome these talented female founders into the PE Accelerator. Past accelerator participants inspire us even now with their incredible progress, including closing rounds of funding and becoming thought leaders in their respective fields. We can’t wait to see how the 2018 Accelerator Class will leverage the tools and support they receive in the Accelerator to disrupt various industries.
Congratulations to all the women participating in the 2018 Accelerator!
Are you a female founder interested in joining our Accelerator Class next year? Sign up for the PE newsletter to be the first to know when applications for the Project Entrepreneur Venture Competition open this fall: http://projectentrepreneur.org/stay-in-touch/