The Rundown: #DC #PESummit
We can’t believe our third and final PESummit is over. Time flies when you’re having funding discussions and growth strategy critiques for your startup, right ladies? Here’s a recap of happenings, learnings and connections made in Washington D.C. over the weekend.
The Project Entrepreneur Summit in the nation’s capitol was hosted at Halcyon House on Saturday, Nov. 14, catering to packed house. The event offered new female entrepreneurs the chance to meet each other and workshop their startup plans with successful founders and CEOs who came before them.
The day was co-hosted by the S&R Foundation. It was kicked off with a keynote conversation moderated by Marsha Askins, Chief Communications Officer for UBS Group Americas, with Rent the Runway Co-founder and CEO Jenn Hyman as she discussed the path she and her co-founder Jenny Fleiss took to transform an idea into a multi-million dollar business.
Interactive workshops were the led by outstanding women who have disrupted industries that run the gamut from fashion and fitness to food and funding:
- Test Your MVP: Rent the Runway Case Study with Jen Hyman, co-founder and CEO of Rent the Runway
- So, You Think You’re Ready to Fundraise? with Angela Lee, CEO and founder of 37 Angels
- How to Test Your Business Idea for Less Than $100 with Monique Woodward, founder and executive director of Black Founders
- From Myth to Reality: The Essential Questions to Ask Before You Start a Business with Anne M. Mahlum, founder, owner and CEO Back on My Feet and Solidcore
- When is it Right to Scale and How do I begin? with Katherine Kallinis Berman & Sophie Kallinis LaMontagne, founders of Georgetown Cupcake, stars of TLC’s DC Cupcakes, and national best-selling authors of The Cupcake Diaries and Sweet Celebrations
Let’s stay in touch via newsletter, too. We wouldn’t want you to miss a single opportunity with your fellow female entrepreneurs.
Up next, pitch competition applicants will be notified in February/March 2016 of their “finalist” status and invited to attend our NYC Workshop to be held over the weekend of April 9-10, culminating in a live pitch competition. We anticipate being able to provide a travel stipend to teams traveling from outside of New York State.
Have you applied for funding and our accelerator program yet? Click to submit.